Havant, Hampshire, England
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 (£14.36-£16.41 p/h)
Hours: Part Time 30 Hours
Contract Type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for motivated and passionate Chemotherapy Nurse to join a fantastic ward team at a very reputable private hospital in Portsmouth. You will be joining at a very exciting time where department growth, technology and staff progression is at the heart of the department. The service prides itself on giving their patients the fastest access to treatment and having the time to care.The Oncology unit at the Hospital is proud to be working with Lead Oncologists , the latest technologies and dedicated specialist teams to offer high quality care to people diagnosed with cancer.The hospital has a fantastic reputation for providing very high quality care and is in a central location so is easily accessible via public transport links around the Portsmouth area.
What you will be doing:
* As Chemotherapy Nurse you will assess patients' health and well being across a complex and changing caseload of cancer patients.
* As Chemotherapy Nurse you assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and well being needs throughout the cancer treatment pathway
* Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information related to cancer
* patient care.
* Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others in the management of SACT.
* Assist in maintaining and developing cancer services.
* Contribute to quality improvement within cancer services.
What you'll need:
* Skills required include:
* RGN/NMC Registration
* UK experience
* Flexible/enthusiastic attitude
* Competencies required:
* Flexible attitude to shifts and duties
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to develop good working relationships.
* To be computer literate with organisational and time management skills and an acute attention to detail.
* Key Employee Benefits:
* Ongoing training and support,
* Performance related bonus opportunity,
* Contributory pension scheme,
* Life assurance,
* Private medical cover,
* Wellness screening,
* Eyesight tests,
* Childcare vouchers,
* Cycle to work,
* Gym membership
* Transport season ticket loans
- £ 28000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 12 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse