Deputy Theatre Manager
Southampton, Hampshire, England
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 (£20.51-£23.07 p/h)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Deputy Theatre Manager to join an excellent theatre team at a very reputable private hospital in Hampshire. You will be joining at a very exciting time where department growth, technology and staff progression is at the heart of the department.They have just recently opened a brand new theatre which has the Da Vinci robot and is a very exciting new development that enables them to provide robotic surgery for their patients. The service are proud of their ability to offer complex procedures, due to their newly updated Critical Care Department, which includes intensive care and high dependency units. Specialties include orthopaedic, spinal and cardiac surgery, cardiology, neurosurgery, dermatology, ear nose and throat, ophthalmology, urology, cosmetic and bariatric surgery. The hospital has a fantastic reputation for providing very high quality care and is in a central location so is easily accessible via public transport links.
What you will be doing:
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will have shared responsibility for the leadership and management of this busy and fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining and developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will look after the coordination of the theatre suites .
* As Deputy Theatre Manager by working clinically you will be able to support individuals and the teams in the delivery of high quality, clinically effective patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will be working collaboratively alongside the Consultants and will ensure the best possible treatment and care for our patients.
What you'll need:
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will be a registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will have the ability to support and lead a department.
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will have evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will have experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* As Deputy Theatre Manager you will have an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
* Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent
* Management qualification desirable
Key Employee Benefits:
* Ongoing training and support,
* Performance related bonus opportunity,
* Contributory pension scheme,
* Life assurance,
* Private medical cover,
* Wellness screening,
* Eyesight tests,
* Childcare vouchers,
* Cycle to work,
* Gym membership
* Transport season ticket loans
This location is commutable from: Southampton, Eastleigh, Hedge End, Chandlers Ford and Winchester.
- £ 40000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 12 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse