Sister/Charge Nurse - Cath Lab
Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Cath Lab department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Advanced Life Support training.
* Energetic and proactive. Good organisational and planning skills
* Able to make judgements of situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people across the hospital
* Ability to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
* IT skills
* Advanced resuscitation skills.
Duties of this role include:
* To promote and maintain a caring and highly professional standard of nursing, meeting the needs of the patients undergoing Cath Lab procedures.
* To act as a professional role model and have nursing responsibility for the Cardiac Catheter Lab with the Clinical Services Manager Imaging
* To have continuing responsibility for the assessment of care needs; the development; implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
* To promote multidisciplinary teamwork within the Catheter laboratory.
* To admit and prepare patients for Cath Lab procedures ensuring appropriate investigations are done and accurately recording documentation.
* To assess patients' individual needs, planning care within the framework of medical care, implementing and evaluating nursing care for all patients undergoing interventional cardiology investigations and procedures.
* To carry out nursing procedures and interventions as required, in accordance with BMI policies, and in consultation with other members of the Catheter Lab team.
* To scrub and assist the Cardiologists with angiographic/angioplasty procedures when required.
* To scrub and assist the Radiologists with Interventional Radiographic procedures when required.
* To ensure the safe and secure custody and administration of drugs and the maintenance and safe use of equipment.
* To liaise on a daily basis with Cath lab staff, predicting workload and organising nursing cover accordingly.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 35000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 10 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse