Senior Registered Nurse
Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedure together with friendly professional care.
The hospital team includes over 75 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Esperance Hospital has 114 employees and 55 bank staff. We handle over 800 inpatient, 3000 day case and 1,000 outpatient procedures a year.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
Whatever your area of clinical practice the hospital has something to offer you:
Main specialities are Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Cosmetic, Gastroenterology, Opthalmics, Fertility & General Surgery.
The hospital has innovated pathways that deliver predictable elective surgery.
38 individual patient rooms, 2 bed extended recovery.
Three shift system with internal rotation, shifts are managed on a 4 week rolling rota
Patient to nurse ratio gives our team 'time to nurse'
Excellent learning environment across all specialities
Some services offered 6 days a week
The Suite offer day case chemotherapy
The team also support cancer related outpatient and inpatient services
Coordinate the whole patient journey
Secondment opportunities available
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered general nurse 1st level
* ENB 998 or equivalent
* Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidence based and takes account of national best practice standards
* Excellent Verbal, written and I.T communication skills
* Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with consultants, customers and colleagues
* Experience of the private sector desirable
* Awareness of NMC code of conduct and accountability
Duties of this role include:
* To assist the ward sister in the positive leadership and effective management of the ward.
* To also assist in the co-ordination of resources, skills and staffing to provide quality patient care.
* To be responsible for specific areas as detailed under separate cover.
* To maintain clinical training and development through BMI learn
* Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care with reference to NMC code of professional conduct
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 29000 - 29000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 10 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse