Nurse - MUST have own Transport
Pewsey, Wiltshire, England
Must have own transport due to no bus stop at the Army Base at Upavon.
Capita is currently recruiting for candidates for the three Armed Forces and as part of the process we require Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapist to be involved in the medical screening of Army medical candidates. We are looking for qualified Nurses, Occupational therapists and Physiotherapists with at least 5 years post-NMC/ HCPC Registration experience. Familiarity with Armed Forces recruitment medicals is not essential as training and support will be provided.
This role's direct Line Manager is the Lead Clinician (PHCR) and then to the Deputy Chief Medical Officer (DCMO).
The available roles are part and full-time (between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week), flexible working may be available but must meet the needs of the service and only after satisfactory completion of the training period. The post is based at Upavon, Wiltshire, SN9 6BE. This role would be unsuitable for applicants using Public Transport to travel to work.
* Provide pre-entry medical scrutiny of candidates' Primary Health Care Records (PHCR) for the Army as required by contract and in compliance with the standards mandated by the military medical standards as laid down in the Joint Service Publication (JSP 950) as well as single service variance and Capita guidelines.
* To act as a key member to a team of Nurses/Occupational Therapists/ Physiotherapists engaged in PHCR scrutiny. With time and experience becoming the Subject Matter Expert for PHCR Scrutiny and to become a Trainer/Mentor for staff who are subsequently engaged.
* To take Clinical Responsibility for the quality of decisions made and to record decisions accurately using the prescribed process.
* Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed correctly for each scrutiny.
* Undertake all clinical activity in a professional manner following the NMC/HCPC Guidelines and Data Protection Act.
* Ensure that the Service Level Agreements are maintained so that all work is carried out and paperwork is completed legibly and returned within the agreed quality and timeframes, where appropriate.
* Assessment and completion of computerised documents
* Completion of Level 1a Appeals against decisions made by Colleagues.
* Comply with Capita Audit and Quality Assurance processes.
* Discussing complicated cases with LC (PHCR)
* Liaising with and providing information for AC Doctors/ Staff when required.
* Complete Referrals to the Lead Clinician / DCMO / CMO / single Service Occupational Physician (sSOP) as appropriate.
* Comply with Capita clinical governance requirements.
* Any other tasks associated with the role.
* Co-operating with and respecting colleagues to create a positive working culture.
* The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively.
* Contribution to the market standing and purpose of Capita through awareness of Group, Divisional and Business Unit synergies to represent and promote Capita values when engaged on Capita business
* Achieving and optimising results using SMART processes.
* Evidenced experience in multi-disciplinary team working.
* Evidenced experience in audit and appraisal
* Inspiring, supporting and developing others to optimise levels of performance.
* Delivery of business objectives through effective setting of personal and team goals.
Key Skills & Qualifications - Summary:
* Qualified Nurse with at least 5 years NMC post-registration experience.
* Current PIN with no restrictions.
* Qualification / Experience in Occupational Health is desirable but not essential.
* Qualified Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with at least 5 years HCPC post-registration experience.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work load.
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as part of as a multi-disciplinary team.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literacy.
* You will be working as key member of an integrated and experienced mutually supportive Clinical team.
* On-site subject matter expert support and guidance will be available at all times.
* This role is designed with a view to aiding your appraisal / revalidation cycle.
Please contact Kristina on Applyfor more information or email your CV Apply.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.
- £ 25000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 10 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse assessor