Sister / Charge Nurse
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. The shifts will be predonimantly nights.
Applicants should meet the following criteria :
* Completed preceptorship
* Full NMC Registration
* Substantial experience in an acute care setting including management of post-surgical patients
* Ability to plan and deliver care for the acutely ill patient
* Demonstrates skills for people management and leadership
* Nursing skills demonstrate extended roles including IV/ medicines management/ catheterisation
* Ability to liaise with Consultants and other members of the multi-disciplinary team
* Familiar with emergency situations
* Good communication skills
* Demonstrate the ability to manage change and support the development of the department
Duties of this role include:
* To promote and maintain a highly professional and caring standard of nursing.
* To participate in the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care. The post holder is responsible for carrying out all forms of nursing care within the clinical area.
* To assume continuing responsibility for Ward areas.
* To provide positive leadership and effective clinical management for Wards.
* To ensure the provision of a professional nursing and cost effective service.
* To ensure that the consistent standards of patient care are maintained at all times and in accordance with agreed operational policies, Care Quality Commission and NMC Code of Conduct.
* Accurate and full documentation of records in line with NMC Code of Conduct
* Individualised patient care/ planning
* Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff and healthcare assistants
* Carry out work in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
* Provide high standards of care, including but not exclusively, cannulation, venepuncture, demonstration of aseptic techniques
* Be the lead in blood transfusion and PoCT for the Ward and within this contribute to the whole hospital meeting planner and service development.
* Demonstrates good teamwork and supports the Nursing team with quality patient care
* Engender team spirit and high staff morale
* Maintain own continuing professional development, responsible for revalidation
* Actively participate in the health and safety of all staff and patients and visitors
* Maintain effective lines of communication with all staff at all levels, internally and externally
* Be familiar with emergency situations and an active part of the Resuscitation team
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Previous applicants need not apply.
- £ 30000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Jan 2017
Closes 10 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse