Clinical Nurse Specialist - Breast Care (Wellington Hospital)
City of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - the world's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
We are recruiting now for a Clinical Nurse Specialist at our prestigious Wellington Hospital, the UK's largest private independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees based in the vibrant area of St Johns Wood North-West London. The Wellington Hospital has an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
Our Breast Unit based at the The Platinum Medical Centre (the UK's largest private diagnostic and outpatient centre) runs premium clinics providing a triple assessment service for patients in a first class environment, formulating and delivering an individual, comprehensive treatment plan for each patient.
This is a combined role working with the Breast Clinical Manager to provide a specialist supportive service for patients under the care of the Wellington Symptomatic Breast Service and supporting patients seen by the Oncologist at the Leaders in Oncology (LOC) at the Platinum Medical Centre.
The successful applicant will work as part of a well-established dynamic multi-disciplinary team who provide specialist advice for the diagnosis, management, treatment and on-going care and support of patients.
The main purpose of the role is to support patients with breast cancer, providing them with information and psychological support, alongside acting as a Key Worker and a specialist resource of current clinical information to address the specific needs of individual patients through direct / indirect interventions.
Hours: 37.5 per week (may be open to part-time)
Shifts: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm, Tuesday - 1pm to 9pm
Salary: £39,174 to £45,419 per annum
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more
Location: St Johns Wood, London
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promotes and develops the specialist advisory and supportive role of a clinical nurse specialist in Breast Care, demonstrating advanced clinical skills and knowledge base, supported by appropriate training
- Works as an autonomous and unsupervised practitioner, managing a caseload of patients
- Implements practice that is evidence based and evaluates its effectiveness
- Advises staff knowledgeably and skilfully in the Breast Centre, wards, outpatients/other departments and community on the care of patients undergoing interventional diagnostic procedures, diagnosis and management of breast cancer
- Develops clinical procedures and protocols for the guidance of staff
- Demonstrates advanced decision making skills in the clinical setting, ability to assess and advise re: patient's physical, psychological, psychosexual, social and spiritual needs
- Participates collaboratively and ethically in approved clinical research activity, clinical trials and promotes nursing research
Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse on appropriate part of the NMC register
- BSc (Hons) Nursing degree or evidence of working towards
- Advanced Breast Care Nursing qualification
- Evidence of post registration/graduate development.
- Oncology experience and knowledge
- Oncology Nursing qualification.
- Management/ Leadership Skills Course.
- £ 39174 - 45419 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse practitioner