Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
Guildford, Surrey, England
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Educated to degree level
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the departments.
* Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
* Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
* Financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
* Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
* Previous management experience
Duties of this role include:
* Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre teams across both sites.
* Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all Departmental Team members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
* Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the departments.
* Maximise theatre utilisation, Consultant compliance and maintain clinical standards
* Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
* Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
* Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 45000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse