Director of Clinical Services
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Clinical Services to join their team of staff in the Senior Management team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Good financial awareness and control
* Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
* Knowledge of Human Resources, including interviewing, performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes such as disciplinary.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide leadership and strategic direction for all clinical departments within the Hospital.
* To have responsibility and accountability for the effective management of the financial resources of Clinical Services and to maximise the financial performance of the departments in this remit whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery, in accordance with legal and professional standard.
* To contribute to the strategic, operational and business development.
* To take responsibility for the clinical departments compliance with health and safety, quality, governance, policies and procedure.
* Be accountable for clinical departments achieving compliance to internal audits.
* To initiate, develop and implement business opportunities.
* To develop local and corporate led initiatives.
To be a proactive member of the hospital management team and to participate in projects and tasks that are hospital or company orientated.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 60000 - 65000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse