Educator - Women's Postpartum
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for an Educator to work within Women's Postpartum Department.
Department/ Role overview
The Department of Clinical Education ensures a safe transition to practicing at Sidra. The education team is comprised highly skilled clinical educators representing best practice from around the globe. Clinical Educators are assigned to specialty unit areas to support orientation, practice and professional development of clinical staff. The Clinical Educators at Sidra are skilled in multiple modalities of education delivery and are additionally supported by a fully staffed Simulation Center. The Clinical Educator works directly with the unit leadership team and staff to ensure that unit and facility educational needs are met. The educator assesses and analyzes learning needs for clinical staff, plans, implements and evaluates educational activities that support clinical care. Sidra supports an inter-professional learning environment, allowing multidisciplinary teams to provide the safest patient and family care. The role includes opportunities to facilitate large training programs as well as individual learner feedback and mentoring.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 5+ years of clinical experience in the relevant field within a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- 2+ years of recent experience in an educator role or supervisory role with educator responsibilities in the relevant field
- Current Nursing License from country of origin
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage constant change, including technological developments
- Demonstrated Skills/ ability to convey knowledge in various ways
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Master's Degree in Education or Nursing related field
- Certificate/diploma in leadership, education or attendance at a course
- 7+ years in relevant practice setting in a Paediatric Hospital
- 5+ years' experience in paediatric educator/manager role in a Paediatric Hospital
- Strong knowledge in theories of teaching, learning and evaluation
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse advisor