Sister / Charge Nurse - Outpatients
Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
The Wellington Hospital is expanding in 2017 with the opening of a brand new state-of-the-art outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre located in Elstree, North-West London. The centre will accommodate a wide range of both diagnostic and treatment services and will consist of; 16 Consulting rooms, 3T MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound & 6 treatment rooms.
The Wellington Hospital, is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds. It has an international reputation for outstanding care in areas of medicine including; cardiac services, neurosurgery, critical care, rehabilitation, oncology and orthopaedics. Also part of the Wellington Hospital is the Platinum Medical Centre as well as the Diagnostics & Outpatients Centre located in Golders Green.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join our new state-of-the-art outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre located in Elstree. As a Sister / Charge Nurse, you will provide managerial and clinical leadership to all staff working in the department and ensuring a high standard of nursing care at all times.
This is a full time, permanent post (37.5 hours per week). The projected salary range is £39,174 - £45,419 per annum, dependent on experience plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organisation of clinics and resources to ensure smooth, efficient operations and client satisfaction.
- Liaise with consultants to ensure their requirements are met.
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly, including duty rota.
- Plan and implement and evaluate nurse-led clinics.
- Carry out observations, investigations and treatments as required
- Promote good team working for maximum efficiency - Participate in recruitment and selection as well as staff appraisals.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse.
- Post registration outpatients experience.
- Phlebotomy training and knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- £ 39174 - 45419 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse