Registered Nurse - Outpatients
Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England
BMI Highfield Hospital in Rochdale is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse - Outpatients to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will be pro-rata covering Monday-Saturday.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Knowledge and experience of Cardiology preferable
* Development of new skills to reach competency
* Post registration
* Experience in outpatient minor treatment room department
* Good communication skills
* RGN with NMC registration
* Relevant post registration courses where appropriate
* Multi-disciplinary approach
* Team worker
* IT skills
Duties of this role include:
* Provision of professional nursing support based in the Outpatient Department. Consistently maintain high standards of nursing care.
* To work as part of the Outpatient Team and participate in achieving the standards of patient care and customer service.
* Maintain and monitor health, safety and security of staff, patients and visitors and safety and security of premises.
* To ensure the confidentiality surrounding patient care and other staff members.
* Operate within the scope of competencies.
* Participate in the effective organisation and management of staff, patients, visitors, consultants, consulting and treatment rooms within the Outpatient Department.
* Be aware of the need for accurate records, including nursing, patient registration and financial documentation.
* To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
* To take charge of the outpatient department as and when required.
* To provide support and guidance for junior members of staff.
* To ensure that the outpatient operational polices are maintained and complied with, to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
* To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by senior staff.
* To participate in the Infection, Prevention and Control programme within the hospital.
* To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 11000 - 16000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse