To provide leadership and direction in all areas of the Endoscopy Department, including 3 procedure rooms , wards and recovery to ensure the effective management of the department utilising all resources effectively to deliver quality care at all times..
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a strategy to ensure full utilization and operational efficiency of three Endoscopy Rooms ie facility to provide Saturday lists and ensure maximum usage during leave period.
• Lead, manage and motivate the Endoscopy team by resourceful delegation of the workload and taking account of the level of experience, competence, role and scope of practice of nursing team.
• Manage resourcing requirements to ensure adequate staffing levels in line with activity levels in the Department.
• Accountable for ensuring that the Endoscopy unit achieve JAG/JCI Accreditation.
• Provide the Director of Nursing regular reports/updates with regard to optimal utilisation plans e.g. staffing, resources, activity, technology etc.
• Participate in Hospital Performance and committees relevant to the endoscopy service.
• Ensures effective working relationships exist/developed with other Hospital Departments and Consultants.
• Manage the department throughput to ensure productivity levels are achieved, with procedure schedules managed efficiently
• Participate in the implementation of new and/or upgrading of IT Systems in consultation with IT department
• In close liaison with the Director of Nursing, Technical Services Manager and Clinical Engineer manage the control and maintenance of equipment, request of Capex, asset verification.
• Prepare business case for the purchasing of equipment and ensure adherence to the Hospital procurement policy.
• Ensure that equipment is handled correctly and maintained in a safe working order, reporting any defects to the Technical Services Department.
• Assist in the Hospital Recruitment and Selection process for the recruitment of Staff Nurses for the Endoscopy Unit.
• Use Probation Assessment and/or PRD, as appropriate, to monitor staff performance and identify Department and individual objectives, identifying strengths and weaknesses and pro-actively provide support and counselling as necessary
• Create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and training; ensuring all staff receives necessary training and development required to maintaining staff development and safe practice.
• Supervise admin staff to ensure all bookings , verifications and admissions are done in a timely and professional manner
Co-ordinate endoscopy unit activities with all other departments top ensure optimal co-operation
Effectively work with Consultants to promote efficient unit utilization and promoter excellent, professional working relationships between staff within the unit
Participate in change and development projects that affect the hospital within the scope and competencies of the Endoscopy Manager
Generate good working relationships with staff within the hospital
Manage stock control of consumables and pharmacy item in co-operation
with Pharmacy and Supplies Managers
Ensures that the Endoscopy unit complies with Health and Safety standards.
Be responsible for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information.
Ensure that the cleanliness and hygiene of the Department, including the Decontamination Unit, is maintained, adhering to infection control and Health and Safety policies and Procedures
• active registration with NMBI
• theatre qualification
• Recognised management qualification
• Evidence of post basic qualification in nursing administration
• 5 years relevant experience in endoscopy with at least 2 years at a senior level
• Has taken an active leadership role in promoting, developing and sustaining the key focus areas for nursing
• Experience of effectively managing a team in a similar environment
• Research experience
• Knowledge of JCI/or similar accreditation system
• Knowledge of GRS standards
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Understands and is able to link own work to the goals and objectives of the Hospital to the Ward/Staff
• Provides regular encouragement and support to reinforce key behaviours in others
• A commitment to providing high quality patient services
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Commitment to the overall aims of Bon Secours mission and values
• Committed to the provision of quality service
• A flexible, positive attitude to performing a wide range of duties
• Willingness to develop and learn in the role
• Excellent IT Skills
- € 55,000 - 62,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 28 Feb 2017
Ref: Endoscopy Manager
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse