Brighton, East Sussex, England
About The Facility
Roodlane Medical is one of the UK's leading providers of corporate healthcare services, with extensive experience of creating and delivering effective and innovative corporate wellness strategies. Roodlane operates out of offices in both London and Glasgow, and provides services to blue chip clients mainly in banking, legal and professional services.
This role will be supporting a high profile client based in their Brighton offices and offers an opportunity to develop your skills in the corporate sector.
Roodlane has a skilled and experienced medical team offering a supportive professional environment with opportunities for personal learning and development and for career progression.
The Practice Nurse will be supporting one of our large corporate banking clients based in Brighton. The role will be based with an on-site team providing a range of services including treatment of minor illnesses and injuries to health promotion and health advice, as well as key involvement in the overall running of the on-site service.
This role is unique in the sense that it will require both clinical and administrative duties in a busy environment. This is a new role for the client and an adaptable approach is key in order to help shape the service and integrate seamlessly into the current provision.
Salary between £33,000 and £36,000 per annum (pro-rata)
This is a part-time role, with office hours of 15 per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a treatment service for client employees with minor injuries and illnesses including onwards referral to own GP or hospital emergency services as appropriate
- Provide emergency treatment and advice in cases of sudden illness in conjunction with client first aiders
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities related to the practice nurse role
- Plan and implement the Flu Vaccination campaign
- Taking patient history, performing a physical exam, and ordering tests and procedures
- Providing hand-outs on disease prevention and healthy lifestyles
- Dispensing commonly used drugs and medicines under clinical protocol (Roodlane will manage this governance)
- Follow up in high risk situations in respect to on-site health screens
- Provide travel advice and business and personal travel vaccinations under protocol
- Refer to physiotherapy and musculoskeletal services (once approved by Aviva)
- Minor wounds and dressings and removal of stitches
- Ear syringing and ears, nose and throat advice
- General advice and reassurance for ill health issues
- Blood pressure checks
- Advice on minor lumps and bumps
- Blood tests with request form from doctor if appropriate
- Health promotion to individual staff and as part of broader initiatives in conjunction with occupational health
- Guidance on how to register with an NHS GP
- Health surveillance in conjunction with Health & Safety
- Assistance with accident/incident analysis and investigation.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with full Nursing and Midwifery Council registration.
- At least 2 years demonstrable post qualification experience in primary care or A&E or acute assessment unit
- Desirable to have previous experience as practice nurse
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
About The Individual
Able to operate and communicate effectively with colleagues and within the client environment the successful candidate will be able to organise and coordinate their time, work autonomously and efficiently and to deadlines, with the full support of a remote GP. Able to operate in line with Roodlane Medical's clinical protocols, guidelines and standard operating procedures and in line with the standards of conduct as set by the professional governing body of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). As the role requires high levels of communication and patient contact, the successful candidate will have a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. In addition to this, they will need to be motivated and keen to develop relationships with their multiple stakeholders.
- £ 33000 - 36000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Practice nurse