Deputy Manager - upto £42,000
Southampton, Hampshire, England
Deputy Manager - Oak Lodge
Upto 42k DOE and excellent Bupa Benefits
About the role
* You will play a key role within the home, taking the time to get to know our residents and their families, so you can ensure the best possible person centred care is delivered
* You will be responsible for creating and updating care plans to ensure they are accurately maintained for auditing purposes, maintaining clear, precise and up-to-date medication records for all our residents
* You will take responsibility for all aspects and areas of care within the home, whilst promoting our key values of choice, dignity and respect
* Always seeking to share your clinical knowledge and experience, you will provide valuable support to members of the home's care team, offering valuable guidance and assistance
* Creating and developing strong relationships with our customers, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand and raising the care home's profile
* You will occasionally be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours, as required.
Who we're looking for
* Ideally, you will be a level one Registered Nurse
* Someone who shares our passion and dedication for making every day special for our residents
* The ability to build a warm rapport with residents and their families
* A natural educator with leadership experience, you will constantly look for ways to share knowledge of best practice with those around you
* A good time manager, who can prioritise effectively and work independently.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* Bupa Fit which is a staff health benefit
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Pension and life assurance scheme available
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided
* Uniform provided
Oak Lodge is a 71 bedded home that opened in February 2010, Oak Lodge is a new, purpose-built home designed for elderly residents, including those in need of specialist dementia care. It lies in the pleasant residential area of Bitterne, four miles from the centre of Southampton, and is close to local shops and amenities. Oak Lodge offers the very best care to suit residents' individual needs. They provide long-term, nursing, dementia care, and respite to enable carers to take a much-deserved break. Oak Lodge also offers post-operative care.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
- £ 42000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 11 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse