Person In Charge, Nursing home, Limerick
In association with their client, CPL Healthcare have an immediate vacancy for a Person In Charge / Director of Nursing role. This family owned Nursing Home, based about 45km outside Limerick city centre (Limerick West), offers amazing facilities, activities and services to their residents. This 69 beds luxurious Nursing Home was designed to meet the special needs of the older person in pleasant surroundings, whilst facilitating freedom and independence for the more active, on either a permanent or temporary basis.
Our client provides a full range of services including: long term, short term, high dependency,convalescent, step-down, post operative and respite care.
- Nurse registered with the NMBI
- Demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development.
- Minimum 3 years out of the last 6 years in an aged care setting at management level.
- Post graduate diploma in gerontology and/ or a management qualification in health or related field.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with excellent verbal and written command of the English Language.
- Be a team player, flexible and adaptable
- Be confident and competent in investigation/ report writing skills.
Some of your responsabilities:
- Have the ability to lead and supervise a team of staff and have the confidence and ability to manage disciplinary issues and report upwards as necessary.
- Have the ability to teach, impart knowledge and identify learning, development and training needs.
- Have the ability to earn trust and establish solid relationships with residents, relatives, colleagues and management.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) National Quality Standards.
- Oversee the organisation, management and operations of the Nursing Home in co-ordination with the Registered Provider.
- Responsible for the implementation of clinical policies and procedures, and be confident in his/her ability to demonstrate effective compliance. Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Current nursing policies and procedures should conform to current standards of nursing practice, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with laws and regulations.
- Liaise with external organisations in order to promote and maintain good working relationships and high standards of care and service for residents.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect Residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the Registered Provider of any concerns.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse