Registered General Nurse - Elderly - Stockport
Stockport, Greater Manchester, England
Position - Registered Nurse - Elderly - Stockport
Location - Stockport
Ref - STRGNSM
Salary - £28,000 - £29,000
Hours - 12 hour shifts - 36 hours a week
The Vacancy -
A fantastic Nursing position has arisen in the Greater Manchester area working with the elderly.
My client is currently looking for a Registered General Nurse to join their successful team. It's a well established Nursing Home in the Stockport area. Our client is a small home that caters for the elderly and provides a great service for the residents with particular regard to their social and rehabilitation needs with the highest quality of care possible.
* To maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the Home.
* To delegate responsibilities within legal and ethical boundaries.
* To be knowledgeable regarding health and safety at work including environmental health.
* Allocate and co-ordinate daily duties of care staff.
* Be involved in in-service training of all new staff for both day and night duty.
* To carry out any other duties allocated by the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy managers.
* Arrive on duty punctually, correctly dressed with a tidy appearance.
* To investigate and inform the Home Manager/Matron of all complaints received.
* To maintain proper and accurate records in accordance with statutory requirements and the policy and procedures of the Home.
* To be knowledgeable regarding the whereabouts of service users at all times.
* To ensure that a high quality of nursing care is delivered to all service users.
* Ensure that care plans are implemented to achieve the goals set.
* Undertake the evaluation of care plans, modifying and redefining goals as appropriate.
* Be involved in the development of clinical nursing practice to ensure service users receive care that is consistent and reliable, demonstrating a quality approach.
* Facilitate the provision of a person centred approach by the identification of a named nurse and key worker for each service user, and support the continuity of care approach.
Qualifications, Experience and abilities:
* Registered General Nurse
* A minimum of 1 year in the field of care of the older person
* To be able to undertake an assessment of need of older people
* Working with person centred approaches to the care of the older person
* To be able to demonstrate self management skills
* Demonstrate an understanding of evidence based practice
* An understanding of the variety of mechanisms that can be used for the development of effective care planning
* To be able to demonstrate personal development in the field of nursing the older adult.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on Apply.
- £ 28000 - 29000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse