Theatre Practitioner - Recovery
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Duchy Hospital in Harrogate has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Post-registration experience within a surgical / recovery environment in the UK, Also demonstrate competence in Acute General Surgery
* First level Nurse licensed to practice by Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
* Relevant post-graduate qualification/course (desirable) - Advanced Life Support (ALS) Intermediate Life Support (ILS), ENB 998 (or equivalent)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Professional attitude and caring disposition
Duties of this role include:
* To deliver high quality patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
* To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care.
* To undertake clinical competency assessment of junior/support staff, within own qualification and remit.
* To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and it's reporting as required.
* To undertake delegated responsibility for senior staff during short periods of absence.
* To provide input to the review, update and implementation of policy and procedural changes within area of additional / lead responsibility.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse