Macmillan CNS - Colorectal
Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England
About The Facility
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust based in Manchester which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Clinic builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities in the £35 million Oak Road patient treatment centre. There are continuing redevelopment works to extend both inpatient and outpatient facilities at The Christie Clinic.
As part of the Oncology Department at the Christie Clinic, you will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this we're very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there's a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
We are looking to recruit a Clinical Nurse Specialist who will work autonomously as a core member of the Macmillan Specialist Nursing team at The Christie Clinic to assist in the assessment and support of patients with diagnosed or newly diagnosed colorectal cancers. This will include collaboration and liaison with Consultant medical staff, ward/departmental staff, and other Macmillan nurses within The Christie hospital Foundation Trust, to provide seamless evidence based holistic pathway of care for all patients referred into the service.
You will also provide specialist advice, be an educational resource and participate in the continuing education of the multi-professional health care team in all aspects of oncology. Participating in and initiating clinical audits undertaken in relation to specific needs and the ongoing service development, whilst expanding and developing existing and new networks to ensure the dissemination of best practice across The Christie Clinic and the Trust, and nationally for patients with oncology needs.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £32,645 to £37,849 per annum
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties And Responsibilities
The post holder will work within The Christie Clinic and will liaise across the health community to provide specialist advice, support and education to the following:
- Patients and their relatives
- Other health professionals within HCA and the Trust
- Community settings related to individual patients
This position will involve the following clinical aspects:
- Provide a level of advanced and comprehensive holistic nursing assessment based on specialist knowledge and experience and where appropriate maintain a client caseload
- Lead and support with specialist nursing knowledge the development and implementation of evidence based programmes of nursing care for individual patients and the client group as a whole
- Provide expert clinical advice to the healthcare team taking into account all aspects of Clinical Governance
- Promote and develop the use of evidence based practice to improve the outcomes of patient care by enabling people to access, identify, appraise and interpret information to meet their needs.
- Support individual Consultants within clinics and ward areas as appropriate
- Assist in the development of the Macmillan service within the Christie Clinic
Skills And Experience
- A strong Oncology nursing background is essential for this role
- Ideally some managerial experience within a clinical setting, however this isn't essential
About The Individual
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated staff to work with us here at HCA Healthcare UK, so if you feel that you hold these qualities and want to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!
- £ 32645 - 37849 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse advisor