Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Pracitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a key clinical role suitable for applicants who are seeking to extend their skills and knowledge within a fast-moving, innovative and supportive environment.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Extensive theatre scrub experience across all specialities, particularly general surgery and orthopaedic surgery
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification is desirable
* External/Internal First Assistants certification desirable
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills are desirable
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course are desirable
Duties of this role include :
* To provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
* To provide First Assistant cover where required
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Jan 2017
Closes 7 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse