Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
£40,000 - £45,000
Medical and Nursing
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for a Nurse Endoscopist to work in this Portsmouth treatment centre.
- Perform upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy, and polypectomy.
- Administer conscious sedation/local anaesthesia to patients requiring Endoscopy.
- Identify abnormal GI pathology, perform biopsies, photographs and complete pathology requests as required.
- Identify areas for improvement and initiate change.
- Envisage future service/patient needs, taking the lead to develop as appropriate.
- Demonstrate an awareness of political/national agendas in own field of practice
- Work closely with the management team and endoscopy lead nurses maintaining the Endoscopy Unit's Global Rating Scale (GRS) quality programme.
- Act as lead for identified GRS, clinical events, bench marking and CCG audits within the team.
Skills & Experience
- Recognised post-registration specialist endoscopy course or equivalent
- Ability to show competency and demonstrate experience at Senior Practitioner Level
- Specialist Qualification in GI Nursing / Endoscopy Practice or demonstrable experience
- A UKRC Advanced Life Support Provider Qualification.
- Enhanced communication skills across all levels
- Cannulation skills/ willing to undertake training.
- Experience as a qualified nurse and ability to supervise a team.
- Ideally some experience of the Independent Sector.
- Broad range of competencies matched to job description and specification illustrated in CV.
Keywords: Endoscopy Nurse,Nurse Endoscopist, Endoscopist, endoscopy, Registered nurse, medical and nursing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, theatre nurse, cannulation, ALS, Advanced Life Support
- £ 40000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Jan 2017
Closes 7 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: A&E nurse, Intensive care nurse, Theatre nurse