Staff Nurse- Gynaecology Inpatients
London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
Our Paediatric wards hold 56 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity and complex nature of the children who are admitted to our hospital. The Portland Hospital has a large number of international Paediatric patients, often funded by relevant embassies.
The Portland Hospital is the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK. The hospital provides for both consultant-led and midwifery-led deliveries, having an 18 bedded ward to facilitate this. Alongside this there is a 12 bedded Gynecology and Women's Health in-patient ward. The Portland Hospital also has a large outpatient department for all areas of its clinical expertise, to facilitate continuous care or simpler procedures.
The culture at The Portland Hospital is to provide support, an inspiring environment and positive ways of working to ensure everyone has a better day. This is accomplished through our core set of 'Positively Portland' values that all employees will work to:
Greetings, Respect, Teamwork, Initiative, Responsibility and Acknowledgement
As a Gynaecology Staff Nurse you will be working to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. You will work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for the Senior Staff Nurse and Sister in their absence.
You will also be willing to provide care to women undergoing surgical or medical termination of pregnancy, including direct involvement with induction of the procedure.
Salary: £31,086-£35,206 (dependent on candidate experience)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff
- Check and report faulty equipment
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy and training desirable
- Good verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer care skills
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to work flexibly and demonstrate tact and diplomacy. The ability to work under pressure is essential.
- £ 31086 - 35206 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Jan 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse