Senior Staff Nurse- Imaging
London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Located in the heart of London's esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
The Diagnostic dept at the Princess Grace Hospital provides state of the art equipment and an expert team of radiologists, offering the best diagnostic service in the capital. A variety of Neuro, ENT, Musculoskeletal, Chest and Abdominal scans are offered on the low dose 64 slice CT Scanner or on one of three 1.5T MRI scanners at The Princess Grace Hospital and we even offer outside of hours appointments to our patients.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As the Senior Staff Nurse within the imaging dept you will report to the Clinical Nurse Specialist and will provide a customer focused high quality nursing service to our patients and service users. The Senior Staff Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all of the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all of the imaging sites, although the primary base will be the Princess Grace Hospital.
Hours: 37.5 per week (Unit open Monday - Friday from 08:00 - 20:00, with additional evening and weekend on-call)
Salary: £35,673 - £40,401 + 6% enhancement
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Have experience in mentoring.
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant area
About The Individual
The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad range of effective communication skills and show some understanding of how emotional impact, together with an awareness of our behaviour, impacts on others. Being patient focused and demonstrating effective communication to patients, will be the key to the success of this role.
- £ 35673 - 40401 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 9 Jan 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse