Reading, Berkshire, England
Competitive salary and excellent Bupa benefits
Parkside Nursing Home
About the role
Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards
You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents, whilst at the same time building excellent personal relationships with both them and their families
Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
This welcoming, purpose-built home for elderly residents is conveniently situated in a quiet residential area, a short walk from the main bus route. Standards of care, cleanliness, staff training and facilities are second to none and the home has been awarded an "Good" rating by the Care Quality Commission.
Who we're looking for
* A level one Registered Nurse
* You will be committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home
* You'll have dedication and passion for helping make every day special for our residents
* An ability to build warm and trusting relationships with our residents and their families
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
* 28 days holiday (including statutory bank holidays) pro-rata depending on your working hours
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Child care voucher scheme
* Free uniform
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects.
About the home
This welcoming, purpose-built home for elderly residents is conveniently situated in a quiet residential area, a short walk from the main bus route. Standards of care, cleanliness, staff training and facilities are second to none and the home has been awarded a three-star, 'good' rating by the Care Quality Commission.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 31600 - 31600 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse