Sister/Charge Nurse - Paediatric Ward
London, Greater London, England
Our paediatric services include a 15 bedded surgical ward which has recently undergone a major refurbishment and provides an excellent environment for patients, families and staff. Our nursing team takes a multidisplinary approach to provide child and family focused care, in an environment that supports lifelong learning and opportunities for professional development. We have strong links with a number of universities and provide placement opportunities for paediatric nursing students.
This role incorporates both clinical expertise and leadership, working in partnership with the lead nurse and multi disciplinary team, ensuring professionalism and a focus on high standards of patient care at all times. You will provide day to day management of the ward in an environment that supports lifelong learning and opportunities for professional development.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is passionate about delivering excellence in nursing care. If you are an excellent team leader and role model, who can bring us a track record of growing and developing teams, as well as supporting change, we are interested in hearing from you. You will need:
- RSCN/RN (Child)
- Mentorship course
- PILS certified
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Excellent team leader and role model
For more information about this position or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Louise at Apply
£41,208-£48,934 depending on experience. You will work 37.5 hours per week, hours can be discussed, and we are able to consider Nurses who would like to work days only
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake clinical duties in any area that is reasonably requested ensuring that you practice within your professional competencies and abilities
- Ensure that care is family centred, sensitive and responsive to the needs of the children and their families.
- Assist the Lead Nurse with operational requirements in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst instilling a culture of customer service throughout the nursing team.
- Act as a clinical resource and expert in assisting the Lead Nurse and Directorate Manager, in the commissioning of new services.
- Work collaboratively with the nurse educator to ensure a supportive and progressive learning environment.
- Demonstrate independence in clinical decision making, acting as a source of advice for the team.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 6 Jan 2017
Closes 3 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Ward childrens nurse