Renal Nurse - Colchester
Colchester, Essex, England
Job Title - Renal Nurse -Colchester
Ref - ZACOLDIS
Salary - £23,500 - £26,500 (depending on experience)
Hours - 37.5 hrs per week
My client has an exciting opportunity for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in patient's lives in their Colchester clinic.
You will provide patient care according to procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for their patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme'd Academy'.
The Staff Nurse will develop and promote good working relationships between my client and the NHS. My client runs Dialysis Clinics that treat predominately NHS referrals.
For this position you don't need experience in Dialysis though this would be beneficial, if you have an interest in Renal and Dialysis they are prepared to give full training. They will also consider newly qualified nurses.
Main Responsibilities -
- Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients.
- Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record.
- Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient.
- Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as
- Provide on-going patient education.
- Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems inline with processes.
- Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures.
- Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring 'great care' is provided at all times.
- Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes.
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct.
- Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- At least one year's experience in general nursing (Haemodialys would be an advantage but not essential) -full training is provided.
- Applications from newly qualified Nurses are welcomed.
- Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care.
Key Words - RGN, Registered General Nurse, Renal, Dialysis, NMC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...]or email
- £ 23500 - 26500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 1 Dec 2016
Closes 29 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse