Registered Nurse (Bank)
Windsor, Berkshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our dedicated and professional Outpatients department on a bank basis.
BMI Princess Margaret Hospita l is conveniently located in Windsor , Berkshire, only 8 miles from Heathrow airport and boasting a view of Windsor Castle, the hospital is on the fringe of Windsor Great Park, a picturesque location in which the large 78 bed hospital offers treatment for both medical and surgical patients.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing nursing assessment and treatment to the highest standard
* Provide nursing assessment and treatment for Medical and Surgical patients, participating in these patients' follow-up care as appropriate.
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
* To ensure the department maintains CQC accreditation
* To participate in weekend rota
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
* Proactive and driven to succeed
* Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Must be a Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration
* Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced disclosure.
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 14 - 14 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 1 Dec 2016
Closes 29 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse