Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire (Sir Gaerfyrddin), Wales
BMI Werndale Hospital in Carmarthen is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria :
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Post registration experience required
* Experience of private healthcare preferable
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills are desirable
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 is desirable
* ILS is desirable
* ALS is desirable
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course is desirable
Duties of this role include:
* To provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 18000 - 25000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 1 Dec 2016
Closes 29 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse