Devizes, Wiltshire, England
Theatre Scrub Nurse
£27,000 - £30,000
medical and nursing
Responsible to the Theatre Lead as a Scrub Nurse you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU.
- Be competent in all aspects of theatre technique and procedures
- Maintain accurate clinical observation of the patient's clinical condition and alert medical staff when required
- Effectively communicate the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi-disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
- Monitor theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
Skills & Experience
- Significant & relevant clinical experience in orthopaedics, general surgery or ophthalmology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills Desirable:
- PACU/day surgery unit experience.
- NMC registered General Nurse
- Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Steve on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
Keywords: RGN, Registered Nurse, NMC, Infection Control, HCAI, Health Care Associated Infections, Bristol, Devizes, acute care, A&E, infection prevention, medical and nursing
- £ 27000 - 30000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 30 Nov 2016
Closes 28 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse