Deputy Theatre Manager
Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
As part of the UK's largest independent healthcare employer BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne is an excellent location to develop or consolidate your clinical career. We pride ourselves on the quality of care delivery to our patients. It allows healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care and to innovate.
The hospital team includes over 75 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Esperance Hospital has 114 employees and 55 bank staff. We handle over 800 inpatient, 3000 day case and 1,000 outpatient procedures a year.
The hospital has 2 main Theatres, an Endoscopy Theatre, and a fertility theatre. Patient accommodation consists of Hartington ward (9 beds), Devonshire Ward (25), extended Recovery (2 beds) and a "walk in walk out" lounge.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
Whatever your area of clinical practice the hospital has something to offer you:
All practitioners receive the support necessary to develop competency
Internal and external training courses offered to support safe practice.
Dedicated endoscopy team and identified leads for each speciality.
All lists are staffed according to AfPP recommendations.
These lists run 6 days a week between 08:00- 18:00.
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Theatre Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to support and lead a department.
* Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification or relevant anaesthetic qualification.
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
* Management qualification
Duties of this role include:
* Regularly coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the theatre manager in the management of the theatre team
* Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department..
* Deputise for theatre manager as and when required
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits :
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 37000 - 37000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 30 Nov 2016
Closes 28 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse