Scrub nurse- Theatre- Joint replacement/ Spinal Surgery
Catherine-de-Barnes, Solihull, West Midlands, England
Heart Healthcare is currently representing an award winning private hospital in the Solihull area that are seeking a new Theatre Scrub nurse.
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
As a Scrub Nurse, you’ll be a key part of the Theatre Team and will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the theatre department is left stocked up and prepared for the next day
• Acting as first assistant during surgery under the supervision of the Surgeons
• Handing over and transferring responsibility of care to colleagues, ensuring appropriate information and care is relayed
• Being competent in the administration of drugs used in the theatre environment
• Assisting with safe custody, storage and control of all drugs within the department
• Ensuring that nursing procedures are implemented and maintained in accordance with Clinical Governance policies.
• Collecting statistical information and assist in carrying out audit as required in relation to the service, and attend educational audit process for the unit.
To be considered for the role of Scrub Nurse, you’ll need to demonstrate:
• An awareness of research and evidence based practice in the clinical setting
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Proven intravenous therapy skills
• Interest & academic ability to undertake further training within a particular speciality
• Good communication skills written & verbal, with the ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity and effectiveness at all levels
• Teaching & mentoring skills
To be considered for the role, just apply below! Your next career move is just a few clicks away. One of our experienced consultants will call you to discuss the vacancy in further detail.
- £ 27,000 - 35,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
Posted 30 Nov 2016
Closes 30 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse, Ward nurse