Ilford, Greater London, England
£50,000 - potentially negotiable DOE
medical and nursing
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible to the Head of Nursing & Clinical Services Manager you will be expected to work with colleagues across the six operating theatres, providing a range of procedures (planned elective in-patient and day case surgery and community rehabilitation comprising of Orthopedics, ENT, general surgery, ophthalmology, oral surgery and endoscopy) and will be expected to ensure resources are coordinated effectively and efficiently.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the operational management and professional leadership of the theatre suite and will play a key role and maintain a proactive approach to managing the patient flow through the department, working closely with colleagues within the theatre team and Inpatient Ward. You will be expected to provide specialist practice advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients and their relatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
- NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
- Theatre Qualified or Diploma in Operating Theatre Technique
- Substantial relevant experience in theatre with recent experience at a senior level
- Experience of developing and evaluating patient care pathways
- Evidence of commitment to teaching and assessing.
- Taken an active leadership role in promoting, developing and sustaining the key focus areas for nursing.
- Evidence of post basic qualification in nursing administration
- Recognised management qualification
- Research experience
- Experience of effectively managing a team within the private sector
- Experience of auditing practice.
- Experience of monitoring sickness and absence.
- Understanding of budgetary management.
If you would like to apply for this position please contact Steve on [... Click Apply...]or forward your most up to date CV to [... Click Apply...]
Keywords: Theatre manager, Ilford, North London, medical and nursing, deputy theatre manager, nurse manager, theatre nure
- £ 50000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 30 Nov 2016
Closes 28 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse