Clinical Services Manager - Oncology
Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Oncology department .
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Nurse, Level 1
* ENB 998 or equivalent
* Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
* Chemotherapy Care
* Degree level qualifications or evidence of working toward this level.
* Valid NMC registration
* Chemotherapy administration and related management
* Communication skills
* Organisational skills
* Counselling skills
* Venepuncture/Cannulation skills
* Care of Central Venous Access Devices (CVADs)
* Knowledge of professional (NMC) codes and Hospital Policies & Procedures
* Considerable post registration in cancer care in a senior nurse post
* This role profile is subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may be amended as required following consultation with the post holder.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to cancer services team.
* To ensure the safe, effective and efficient management of the cancer care service within allocated resources.
* To act as a member of a multi-professional care team providing skilled care and expert advice to cancer patients and their families, friends and carers.
* To regularly administer systemic anti-cancer therapy (SACT) treatments and to demonstrate expert knowledge and nursing skills in the management of the patients.
* To be involved in the development of services which are patient focused with emphasis on informed choice, decision making and evidence based best practice and care.
* To have a strategic focus and vision to develop and expand the Cancer Services within the Esperance Hospital.
* To represent Esperance Hospital on the BMI Healthcare Cancer Clinical Development Group
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 45000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 30 Nov 2016
Closes 28 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse