Head of Care - Plymouth
Plymouth, Devon, England
Position - Head of Care - Dementia Home - Plymouth
Ref - STCLPLY
Location - Plymouth
Salary - £34,000
Hours - Full Time - Permanent - 40 hours
My client is currently recruiting for their beautiful and modern purpose build site that specialists Dementia home with Nursing Care. Providing high quality care is uppermost in their thoughts and they envisaged a totally different approach in the management of Dementia at all level.
Purpose of Position
To facilitate and manage the care of our residents within the home, working with residents, statutory authorities (CCG, CHC, CQC), community services (CMHT, ICDS), GPs, relatives and staff to ensure that the care delivered is of a high quality and meets the needs of the residents.
In addition to this the Head of Care is expected to manage, supervise and support all care staff and to oversee standards of care practice, housekeeping, food provision, administration and resident activities that may have a direct effect on resident care.
To have a commitment to multidisciplinary team working and therefore the working relationship will be with all members of the team.
Contact with Head Office, statutory authorities (CCG, CHC, CQC), community services (CMHT, ICDS), GPs, relatives and any other individual or group that has involvement with our residents.
* To help develop and lead the care team to ensure that the individual care needs of all residents are identified and met.
* To be responsible for the day to day running of the home in the absence of the Home Manager and to ensure that it meets the needs of the residents and the local registration authority at any time.
* To be part of the team assisting in the assessment of individual care needs, and in the overall planning and management of care within the home.
* To act in accordance with the organisations stated aims to ensure that the highest standard of appropriate care and support is provided at all times; ensuring that the personal dignity of each resident is respected.
* To display a caring attitude towards residents, relatives and staff thus ensuring that the ethos of Waypoints is displayed consistently.
Other Areas of Responsibility
* To carry out regular checks on documentation and ensure that documents have been completed as identified within each resident's care plan (fluid charts, bowel charts, 4 P charts, behaviour charts etc.)
* Liaise with GP, district nurse, physiotherapist, speech therapist, dietician and other health care professionals.
* Monitor the use of, and the ordering of medication, incontinence aids and protective gloves, aprons etc.
* To be involved in the in-house training of the care staff and NVQ assessment.
* To oversee standards of care practice, housekeeping, food provision, administration and resident activities that have a direct effect on the resident and act as an advocate for all residents.
* To be involved in the assessment of prospective residents' needs and suitability.
* To liaise with the In House Trainer in the setting up of induction programmes and the training of new staff.
* To be responsible for producing effective care staff rotas that ensure adequate care coverage for the home to ensure safety and needs of residents are met.
* To work with the Home Manager to deal with residents' complaints and care staff disciplinary matters.
Qualifications and Experience
* RGN/ RMN
* A commitment to a holistic approach to nursing care is essential.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...]
- £ 32000 - 34000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 29 Nov 2016
Closes 27 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nursing home mental nurse