Occupational Health Advisor
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Occupational Health Advisor
Salary up to £36,000 per annum plus Benefits
The Occupational Health Advisor will work collaboratively with members of the Occupational health team to promote and maintain the health and well-being of the client's employees via the delivery of a comprehensive occupational health service. This role is key in the co-ordination and delivery of the service within designated Healthcare Facilities, primarily in the North of the UK and demands a person who will enjoy providing a high customer focused service.
The post holder has prime responsibility for the coordination of pre-placement process for all prospective employees. On site delivery of workplace immunisation programmes, sharps injury advice and support and onsite and distant occupational health case management. The OHA will be a key point of contact for day to day OH issues for the allocated sites; dealing with, resolving and/or escalating as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Key role in the Pre-placement process for all employees including assessment of health issues identified and ensuring that all compliance in relation to infectious disease prior to clearance for role.
• Undertake clinical nursing procedures without supervision, including: immunisations, phlebotomy, vision screening, in accordance with Policies and PGDs/PSDs.
• Delivery of a work-related vaccination programme onsite at designated Facilities.
• The management of work related injuries/ill-health referrals.
• Responsibility for the advice and follow up of any Sharps/ splash injuries that occur at the designated sites and to provide information to the SOHA to support quarterly reporting.
• Delivery of Health monitoring /Surveillance programs for employees in areas which may be hazardous to health or a potential health risk, e.g. night workers; respiratory function; skins; audiometry & hearing conservation; food handling; EPP requirements. This would include maintaining of appropriate registers.
• To assist with the management of infection control issues, including contact tracing and screening of exposed staff in accordance with company policies.
• Advice on risk based assessments to develop safe working practices and the prevention of work-related ill health.
• Create and maintain sustainable, adequate OH records and ensure their secure and confidential custody in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) guidelines
• To ensure contemporaneous record keeping at all times in line with company Policies.
• To continually review processes and procedures with a view to service enhancement and improvement.
Skills and Experience
• Registered General Nurse (NMC Registered)
• Strong post registration experience
• Registered Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (OH)
• Occupational Health experience including clinical and case management, either the public or private sector (experience within the healthcare sector is advantageous).
• Good knowledge of best practice and legislation within the disciplines of OH, employment law and H&S.
• Evidence of immunisation and anaphylaxis training and updates.
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 30000 - 36000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 29 Nov 2016
Closes 29 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Intensive care nurse, Nurse advisor, Ward nurse