Paediatric Nurse - NHS
Colchester, Essex, England
Paediatric Nurses required in NHS Hospital in Colchester!!!
I am working with the NHS hospital in Colchester, looking for paediatric nurses to join their team.
The Children's Services are integrated with the Woman and Children's Division which is a friendly supportive service which integrates both acute and community child health teams and has close links to the maternity services. The Consultant's have a wide range of sub-speciality expertise and the nurses are highly trained with a wide range.
The Children's service provides an inpatient care ward with 24 beds, inclusive of 2 high dependency beds, for sick children 0-16 years. There are excellent facilities for a parent to be resident with a child, with en-suite facilities and a parents lounge where food and drink can be prepared. The ward boasts a well equipped playroom and schoolroom with adjacent outside soft play area. Adolescents are able to enjoy a dedicated lounge suitable to meet their needs and children with special needs a fully equipped sensory room
There is an acute referral unit which manages rapid assessment and management of acutely unwell children.
An Elective Care Unit for both emergency and planned care. As well as a Separate Outpatients Unit.
Additionally this service boast a modern Neonatal Unit which has 4 high dependency beds and 13 special care cots. The service is set up with play areas for siblings and facilities for breast-feeding. The unit boasts a highly experienced and trained nursing team.
- Staff Nurse
- Days / Nights - 37.5hrs per week
-Neonatal care, Paediatric care and Adolescents
- Band 5 Salary
- Emergency Care, Outpatients, Inpatient, Acute Care, High Dependency and Intensive Care
- Passion to work with Neonatal and Children Patients
Skills and responsibilities
- Ensure that the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, Scope of Professional Practice, Trust Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times
- To provide the delivery of evidence based nursing care to children by providing clinical assessment, care planning, care delivery, care evaluation and clinical advice in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Act appropriately on Safeguarding concerns without direct supervision, and liaise with colleagues and external agencies in the absence of the Ward /Unit Sister, e.g. social service and police, to ensure the welfare and safety of children.
- Uses knowledge and experience to provide skilled nursing care and advice to children and their families as appropriate.
Provide the child, family/carers with opportunistic health education
- Putting together treatment plans and overseeing a team of care assistants
- Approachable, sensitive to the needs of babies/children /parents/carers/colleagues
- Ongoing training
- Great development opportunities for the right candidate
- Competitive salary
- Specialist qualifications available ef. Neonatal specialist qualification
- Vouchers for childcare
- NHS pension
- Discounts for retailers
- Hold a nursing qualification
- Be registered with the NMC
- Have satisfactory references
- Have the right to work in the UK
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £ 22000 - 28000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 28 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward learning disability nurse, Community childrens nurse, Ward childrens nurse