Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
New Ward is for a 10 bedded Male Dementia, exciting opportunity to head up the new ward this would be a fantastic new role for someone who is currently a deputy looking for that step up.
Set within a safe and therapeutic environment, the Priory Hospital Dewsbury is a 32 bedded locked service, supporting two different service user groups:
* Hartley Ward focuses upon the active rehabilitation of men with mental health issues. The emphasis is upon stabilising mental health, reducing risks and enhancing independent living skills, with a view to reintegration into the community. This is a 22 bed ward.
* Jubilee Ward supports men with dementia, and behaviours that challenge. This is a 10 bed ward.
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with dementia to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment and care, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Hospital Dewsbury is part of the Priory Group, Europe's leading provider of specialist treatment in mental illness. We deliver highest standards of care together with an extensive range of clinical services.
The above role will be primarily focused around the effective delivery of clinical care and working towards improving standards within the clinical areas of the service on Hartley Ward.
The post holder will either be qualified RGN or RMN with extensive experience in dementia care. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills when liaising with members of the multi-disciplinary team, external agencies and organisations, patients and relatives. The post holder should also have a good working knowledge of the mental health act.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate genuine commitment and enthusiasm for working with this client group.
Priory Hospital Dewsbury offers great benefits including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, childcare vouchers and paid birthday leave. There's also free car parking and subsidised meals while you're on duty. Located just off J28 of the M62 and J40 of the M1 and is easily reached from the major West Yorkshire conurbations of Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield, Leeds. Sheffield and surrounding areas.
What we'd like from you:
* NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
* Extensive clinical and management experience
* Fine tuned decision making skills
* Effective organisational capability
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Enthusiastic and motivated with a strong "can do" attitude
* A role model to other staff - providing advice and support to promote good practice
* Enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies
What we'd like to give you:
* A competitive salary
* Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Enhanced Maternity pay inline with NHS
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Online benefits and cashback rewards
* Cycle to work scheme
* Just Drive scheme
* SMART Childcare Vouchers
* SMART Pension option
* Subsidised Meals
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer
- £ 37051 - 37051 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 25 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward mental nurse