Senior Registered Nurse - Pre Admissions
Swindon, Wiltshire, England
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre Admissions department .
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Nurse (Adult)
* Mentorship qualification desirable
* Currently updated PREP profile
* Experience in clinical and nursing management of the adult patient undergoing surgical procedures or requiring medical intervention.
* Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
* Good communication and organisational skills.
* Knowledge of quality assurance tools.
* Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the Ward Team
* To provide holistic care, aimed at meeting the needs of each individual patient, reflecting the Nursing philosophy
* To be responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care of patients
* To assist and facilitate the Consultants requirements and to participate in strengthening inter departmental relations.
* To assist the Clinical Nurse Manager with managing the ward as required
* To deliver a consistently high standard of research based practice.
* To accept delegated responsibilities from the Director of Nursing, Clinical Nurse Manager and Ward Sisters.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 29000 - 29000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse