Senior Staff Nurse - ICU/ITU (The Wellington Hospital)
City of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. Our ICU comprises of a total of 35 beds dedicated to the care of level 3 patients. Split into two units, we are expertly equipped to deal with General, Cardiac and Neuro ICU patients. This year we are seeing expansion of one of our units including a High Dependency Unit.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join our ICU unit in the North building (15 bed unit) at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. As a Senior Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent post. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am. Rotation and flexibility required. The projected salary range is £35,673 - £40,401 per annum + 9% enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work well within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Sister/Charge Nurse in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
* To provide a high standard of holistic centred care.
* To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team. Act as a clinical role, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
* Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
* Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
* Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
* General ITU/ICU specific skills and experience.
* Experience with Cardiac surgery would be advantageous.
* Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
* Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
* Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation and renal care would be advantageous.
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
- £ 35673 - 40401 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Intensive care nurse