Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Admissions department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Professional experience in a surgical environment
* NMC Registration
* Excellent skills and knowledge.
* Computer literate.
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Ability to manage own caseload and work with minimal supervision
* Familiarity with NICE guidance on clinical pre-assessment.
* Pre-assessment experience desirable
* Recent ward based clinical experience desirable
Duties of this role include:
* To provide an effective pre-operative assessment of patients undergoing a variety of elective surgical procedures.
* Provision of accurate pre-operative, intra-operative and postoperative information and making necessary discharge preparations prior to the patient's hospital admission.
* Assessment of pre-operative patients taking a clear concise history from clients by assessing their health and wellbeing and documenting appropriately.
* Identify the need for, and carry out, any relevant pre-operative investigations in reference to best practice guidance and consultant's requests.
* To ensure the patient understands their proposed operation by providing accurate and concise pre and post-operative advice and information, both verbal and written.
* To provide patients with written and verbal advice regarding health promotion strategies as identified in Government initiatives.
* To appraise postal assessments, instigate changes and further in-depth assessments or investigations for patients having procedures as identified by the consultant and within agreed guidelines.
* To provide a telephone pre-assessment service for patients unable to access the normal service due to time or distance and to provide advice regarding their pre-assessment or admission.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 27000 - 27000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse