Senior Registered Nurse - Oncology (Bank)
Guildford, Surrey, England
BMI Healthcare's Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford are recruiting for Senior Registered Nurse - Oncology to work within our Oncology Department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are 'serious about health and passionate about care' and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient's journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package, training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* R.N. / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies or equivalent
* Post registration clinical course in Chemotherapy administration.
* Up-to-date knowledge of Cancer Nursing.
* Aware of NMC Code of Accountability.
* Phlebotomy skills (Desirable)
* Cannulation skills (Desirable)
* Counselling skills (Desirable)
* Willing to undertake training in administration of chemotherapy as required
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with the agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the oncology nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To assist with care of cancer patient and provide resource for other members of multi-disciplinary team.
* Delivering Chemotherapy to patients within Mount Alvernia Hospital.
* Consultants, patients and relatives need to be dealt with sensitively and effectively in order to retain their custom.
* To identify, plan, implement and evaluate care/services offered to our customers within the suite setting through effective systems of documentation and communication.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 17 - 17 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse