Clinical Nurse - Obstetrical & Obstetric Gynaecology Clinic
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for Clinical Nurses to work within Obstetrical Diagnostic & Obstetric Gynaecology Clinics.
- The Clinical Nurse is responsible for competently providing safe and effective care to Women and Children, with minimal supervision by the Clinical Nurse Leader. The Clinical Nurse assesses care needs, plans, implements and evaluates programs of care. The Clinical Nurse is responsible for ensuring that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard.
- The Clinical Nurse participates in the supervision and teaching of more junior and new members of staff within the unit.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Provides total individualised patient care and assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating therapy needs, discharge planning for each patient and assessing for current and potential problems
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction by demonstration of extraordinary service
- Utilises a professional practice framework and evidence based care, identifies improvement areas while minimising risks creating care that is optimal for our patients and families
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Nurse Supervisor or designee
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to the Nurse Supervisor
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team
- Participates in patient education programs and provides consultation to patients/families, staff, community agencies and satellite centres
- Participates in service activities that contribute to excellence in outcomes, a positive patient experience and a healthy professional environment
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times and promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings for the service, maintains an awareness of resource utilisation, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (4 years) OR Bachelors/ Diploma in Nursing (3 years) OR Associates Degree in Nursing (2 years) OR Bachelor's Degree in Nursing + post-graduate program in Midwifery. Important - Midwives can only be considered for this role if dual qualified; Nurse and Midwife.
- 2+ years of recent clinical nursing experience within relevant specialty in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Valid professional Nursing license for country of origin
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Community Midwife, Ward Midwife