Registered Nurse (Bank)
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
BMI Lincoln Hospital in Lincolnshire is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team of bank staff in the Outpatients department, pre assessment, minor ops and Endoscopy department .
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Demonstrable competence in Outpatients, Endoscopy and Pre - assessment
* First level Nurse licensed to practice by Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
* 1 year post-registration experience within a surgical or Medical environment in the UK
* Relevant post-graduate qualification/course (desirable)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Professional attitude and caring disposition
* Competency in Venepuncture / Cannulation (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
* Your role is to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care and to work as part of the team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse and Sister in their absence.
* To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and its reporting as required.
* To undertake delegated responsibility for senior staff during short periods of absence.
* With appropriate training and support, take charge of a shift without direct supervision by the person with continuing responsibility.
* To provide input to the review, update and implementation of policy and procedural changes within area of additional / lead responsibility.
* To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines, BMI healthcare policies and procedures
* To input to the development of the service / practice within area of additional / lead responsibility
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 11 - 11 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse