Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined (Bank)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 65 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Edgbaston Hospital in Edgbaston is looking for Theatre Practitioners - Multi Discipline to join their team of Bank staff within the Operating Department.
Working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
The Theatre Practitioner will provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care.
Duties will include (but not be restricted to):
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients' identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
- £ 0 - 0 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse