Registered Nurse (Bank)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham is looking for Registered Nurse to join their team of Bank staff.
Working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery.
* Aware of NMC Code and NICE guidelines.
* Ward Management.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Demonstrates confidentiality.
* Preferable ILS / ALS provider.
* HDU trained would be an advantage.
Duties of this role include (but are not restricted to):
* To work as part of the ward nursing team to support the Ward Team, Ward Sisters and Manager in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards on an internal rotation rota.
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To ensure that appropriate systems for the recording and distribution of information relating to patient charges are maintained.
* To assist in monitoring stock levels of ward medications and consumables.
* To report patient and staff accidents, incidents and complaints as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch following the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse