Registered Nurse - Ophthalmology (Bank)
Worthing, Dereham, Norfolk, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Goring Hall Hospital in Goring by the Sea are recruiting for Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Ophthalmology department
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* RN with post registration qualification at diploma level
* Proven post registration ophthalmic experience
* Experience in delivering ophthalmology diagnostic tests
* Evidence of teaching and assessing qualification
* Venepuncture, cannulation skills
* Management experience
* Extended scope skill
* Flexible and adaptable
* Able to cope in stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
* Strong leadership skills
Duties of this role include:
* To lead and work as part of a team, to promote, deliver and maintain high standards of nursing, meeting the needs of patients, Consultants and team members.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of patients, relatives and visitors
* To lead a team of staff including consultants, registered nurses, HCAs & Administration workforce.
* To run co-ordinate outpatient Ophthalmic services and support a seamless patient pathway.
* To provide support, and act as a resource to staff of all levels, and develop nursing practice in the delivery of care to ophthalmic patients, through innovative strategies
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 20 - 20 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse