Clinical Facilitator - Cancer
London, Greater London, England
Clinical Facilitator - Cancer
Salary up to £50,000 per annum plus Benefits
The Clinical Facilitator Cancer has a corporate responsibility to provide expertise in the provision of education, training and professional development for our client’s workforce by providing educational initiatives aligned to service and changing care needs. The post holder will be tasked to ensure that all cancer staff are properly inducted, continuously trained and are provided with the required educational and opportunities to do the jobs the service needs.
He/she is to work with managers, Heads of Departments and the business to identify training needs of the workforce. The Clinical Facilitator Cancer will primarily support the Clinical Education Lead in delivering education for registered professional clinicians and provide appropriate provision to meet individual and organisational requirements. The Clinical Facilitator Cancer provides Subject Matter Expertise relating to cancer services and enterprise-wide initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Facilitation of Education and Training:
• Identifies training, learning opportunities and development needs within an organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments
• Lead the design, development, delivery and evaluation of various clinical courses, programmes and interventions, including:
1. Course aims and objectives
2. Learning outcomes
3. Lesson plans
4. Trainer notes per programme
7. Support materials
8. Assessment Books
• Coordinate, facilitate and evaluate in-house training provision and induction and ensure the continuous development of training to meet statutory and business changes
• Work closely with higher education institutions (HEI’s) and providers to develop programmes which meet the needs of staff and the service
• Encourage a culture of lifelong learning and continuous professional development by supporting, motivating and involving staff
• Support staff in developing learning within the workplace
• Coordinate and manage the post qualification nursing contracts
• Leads in collating evidence for the Standards for CQC and other external regulating bodies as deemed appropriate
Skills & Experience
• Educated to diploma/degree level
• Professional Clinical Qualification e.g. RGN
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Post Graduate qualification/training in the care of people with cancer
• Relevant Teaching qualification such as PTLLS, PGCE etc.
• Recognised learner support qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent)
• Hold relevant professional registrations and memberships
• Masters Degree, Post graduate qualification or equivalent experience
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 45000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 23 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nurse assessor, Palliative care, Ward nurse