Nursing Vacancies in Medical Call Centre, London
London, Greater London, England
Cpl Healthcare in partnership with International SOS in London is looking to recruit experienced nurses to work in their busy call centre in London.
International SOS is the world’s leading medical and travel security risk services Company. The nurse will be based in their London assistance centers.
The Nurses duties will include
- To assist and interface with clients and members on medical matters whilst working within a multidisciplinary medical team.
- To interact with operations and logistical team coordinators to ensure optimal quality case management and service delivery.
- To telephonically triage medical requests and provide medical monitoring of ongoing cases.
- Additionally, to assist in the logistical preparation of evacuations in this office based role.
All roles are office based, with the office being located in the beautiful Chiswick Office Park, London.
Suitable candidates will be submitted and asked to attend the opendays/assessement center in London- which occurs once a month, if successful, a stage two interview will take place.
- To be present in the London Assistance Centre during scheduled shift hours and participate in at least one daily transmission.
- Monitor transmission load throughout the day to ensure appropriate case direction and handling, ensuring safety, medical appropriateness, client specific considerations and cost effectiveness
- To be responsible for the effective and efficient medical management of cases, meeting contractual deliverables and internal policies and procedures.
- To liaise with medical and operational staff to facilitate the efficient running of medical assistance cases
- To speak with international medical professionals or obtain medical reports for members treated or hospitalised.
- To source and/or organise the referral and/or admission of members to doctors and medical facilities.
- Review of the medical treatment received or recommended to members to ensure it is medically appropriate to authorise cover decisions under the client’s terms and conditions.
- Maintain accurate and confidential member case files in accordance with International SOS policies and procedures and NMC Record Keeping Guidelines.
- Ensure a high level of professionalism at all times when dealing with members and clients.
- To support medical management and LDQ with the training of Assistance Centre staff as a buddy or mentor.
- Escalate to medical and/or operations managers any major medical cases, disputes with clients or complaints.
- To recognise limitations and areas of self development through reflection. To be responsible for all actions and decisions made, knowing when to defer and escalate to senior members of the medical team.
- To work within a team to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of those in your care.
- Focus on quality of service, ensuring that the highest possible levels are achieved for both the patient and the client.
- To be accessible and responsive to clients and colleagues questions and requests for information.
- To deal positively with complaints, resolving these wherever possible or referring them to the appropriate department or your line manager.
- To establish responsive liaison arrangements both within International SOS and externally.
- To positively promote international SOS to other organizations and clients.
- To attend internal and external meetings where appropriate and as requested.
- To be accountable for your workload and movements to your line manager.
- To keep accurate records including statistical information where appropriate.
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required. There may be a necessity for these to be outside normal working times for which you would be paid overtime.
- To take an active role in your own continuous professional development throughout your career in keeping with NMC guidelines.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the manager.
Following Instructions & Procedures: Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority; Follows procedures and policies; Keeps to schedules; Arrives punctually for work and meetings; Demonstrates commitment to the organisation; Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Coping with Pressure & Setbacks: Works productively in a pressurised environment; Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; Balances th
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 23 Nov 2016
Closes 20 May 2017
This job was posted to: Research nurse