Senior Registered Nurse - Wards
Chertsey, Surrey, England
BMI Runnymede Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The Runnymede Hospital is situated on the outskirts of Chertsey and M25 near Thorpe Park. Attached to NHS Trust which allows us to care for acutely ill patients.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department. This role will involve taking charge of the Ward and out of hours. An induction programme is available with development support for those new to the role
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered General Nurse
* Good updated clinical skills
* Good communication and organisational skills
* Good theoretical knowledge
* Evidence of ongoing professional development
* Previous experience in an acute setting
* Committed to the provision of a quality service to our patients and consultants
* Familiar with clinical governance activities
Duties of this role include:
* To act as shift leader and work within a team of staff including qualified nurses, health care assistants, student nurses and clerical staff.
* To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care for a caseload of patients in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code and the hospital policies and protocols.
* To develop your knowledge of nursing practice relevant to clinical areas.
* To work within the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of The Runnymede Hospital.
* To work within the NMC guidelines, including the NMC Code and the Scope of Professional Practice.
* Provide, maintain and implement individualised patient care.
* To ensure the continuity of high quality patient care, providing safety, dignity and confidentiality of patients, visitors and staff members.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 31000 - 31000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 22 Nov 2016
Closes 20 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse