Mental Health Nurse - Learning Disability
Market Drayton, Shropshire, England
Position - Mental Health Nurse - Learning Disability - Market Drayton
Ref - STHCASH
Salary - £ DOE
Hours - Permanent Full Time
We are looking to speak to Mental Health Nurses, (RMN) with an interest in working in an inpatient Learning Disability hospital set in a rural location.
The hospital is a complex of six individual buildings each providing specialist inpatient service for adults (aged 18 years and over) with a primary diagnosis of a learning disability.
Our clients' site has recently undergone a major refurbishment and also benefits from a separate sports hall and occupational therapy building both of which are used for recreational and therapeutic activities. We believe that at our hospital we have truly created a positive, recovery-focused environment where social inclusion and local community engagement play a big part in each patient's unique rehabilitation journey.
The Hospital we provide the following services:
* Autistic Spectrum Conditions
* Forensic Mental Health
* AMH Low Secure
Mental Health Nurse (RMN) your main duties will be:-
* To identify care needs of patients, planning and implementing nursing interventions and evaluating outcomes of care given
* To communicate information accurately on patient care to the patient, families, internal and external professionals, including Commissioners whilst maintaining confidentiality and adhering to the principles of Information Governance
* To administer drugs and checking/ preparations in accordance with Company policy and procedures and NMC guidelines.
* To report and record incident and accidents in accordance with policy and procedures
* To assist in the induction, development and supervision of, new and junior staff members, as required.
Mental Health Nurse requires:
* Hold current NMC PIN registration and adhere to the NMC Codes of Conduct at all times
* Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
* Motivate, lead and supervise a team
* Flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
* Expand your professional development
* Right to work in the UK
* For the right candidate relocation packages available
* induction and on going training and CPD opportunities
* Preceptorship and mentorship programmes
* Competitive pay rates
* Employee Benefit Scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Life Assurance Scheme
* Contributory Personal Pension Scheme
* Nurse Referral Scheme
* Assist with the revalidation process
For more information and a detailed copy of the Job Spec please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...].
- £ 14.50 - 17.80 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Nov 2016
Closes 17 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward mental nurse, Ward learning disability nurse